Consultancy for Leadership & Management Training Tender #: ZHI.RISE.2022.07.550
CONSULTANCY FOR LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT TRAINING TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Type of Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a non-profit human development organization, registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI is currently implementing the Re-Ignite Innovate Sustain and Empower (RISE) program which is a five-year (October 2021 – September 2026) United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded program. The RISE Program is one of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funded programs through USAID that aims to disrupt the main drivers of HIV risk for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Zimbabwe using a proven approach called Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS). ZHI is planning to design and deliver a leadership and management training program targeting RISE Program staff at supervisory, middle, and senior management level. The proposed training is aimed at cultivating the right leadership competencies including balanced analytical and interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict management, planning and coordination, judgement and decision making, emotional intelligence, and savvy negotiation skills required to lead a program of such magnitude to achieve the expected deliverables within the stipulated time-fame.
Scope Of Work
- Purpose and Scope of Delivery
ZHI seeks to enhance the existing organizational strengths through training of senior and mid-level managers/coordination team on leadership and management. The overall objective of the training is to enable ZHI to support organizational growth, and development of staff so that they can perform their leadership, management, supervisory and coordination functions more effectively and efficiently. The training will be critical for the team in discharging their supervisory roles under new normal-remote working arrangements, including hybrid working arrangements.
- Target Participants
The training will target 57 staff members on supervisory, middle management and senior management roles from the ZHI/RISE national, regional and district offices.
- Mode of Delivery
The training will take the form of experiential learning using adult learning methodologies including role plays, lecture presentations, case studies, discussions, simulations of real-life scenarios, fun outdoor team, and group activities. The facilitator(s) may use other additional methodologies to effectively deliver the scope. The service provider must deliver evidence-based Leadership and Management Development activities/knowledge and skills.
- Scope of the Assignment
The service provider (consultant or firm) shall deliver all the services necessary to achieve the stated objectives. The proposed course content should be able to equip the participants with the following knowledge and skills, among other content related to the overall objectives:
- Equip staff with effective communication and team leadership skills
- Maintaining committed and motivated teams with high teamwork/team spirit
- Proper time management and strategic planning skills
- Transformational leadership management skills and techniques, including setting excellent standards of performance and results-based leadership
- Workplace conflict resolution and conflict management skills
- Stress management, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Relationship building – including interpersonal skills, self-awareness (Myers Briggs Type Indicator), personal effectiveness, and emotional intelligence
- Maintaining positive attitude, dedication, and excellence at work
- Effective delegation skills
- Risk and performance management – managing teams remotely and dealing with underperformance of supervisees.
- Have a clear vision, communicate the vision to the team and rally the team towards achievement of the vision.
- How to empower others and hold them accountable
- Master problem analysis and decision-making
- Feedback – how to give/receive feedback
- Ability to clearly understand strengths/weakness of your team members.
- Expectations from ZHI
- Provide the venue for the training, accommodation, and food for both participants and trainers.
- Provide flipcharts, projector, and stationery (writing materials for the participants).
- Expected Deliverables of the Assignment
The service provider is expected to provide a customized onsite evidence-informed training session on leadership and management. The following deliverables are required under this assignment.
- Develop a training program, and modules
- Conduct and submit pre and post training assessment report
- Deliver on-site training sessions
- Provide relevant training materials and resources
- Provide participants with certificates of participation.
- Post-training report including feedback analysis report on the exercises, recommendations, and next steps.
- Desired Outcomes
By the end of the training, it is expected that the participants will be able to achieve results through engaging their supervisees by focusing on developing teams that are empowered, confident, enthusiastic, and inspired. The managers will be able to identify their most powerful skills and maximize their effectiveness in their portfolios. They will also be able to develop
and nurture a productive, cohesive, and resilient team with the right attitude to work; as well as provide effective leadership role in their respective areas of work.
- Duration of the Assignment
This activity will take place at Troutbeck Inn in Nyanga; and is expected to take 2 days.
- The lead experts must have a master’s degree with specialization in leadership, strategic management, project management, Psychology, development studies, or any related social sciences.
- The service provider must have expertise in the areas of leadership and performance management.
- The service provider must have at least 10 years of hands-on experience in handling similar projects/assignments with international not-for-profit sector.
- The lead expert must have practical and hands-on track record in leadership and management. S/he must have been a manager or leader for not less than 10 years.
- Demonstrated and proven track record of delivering similar assignments
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Spoken and written fluency is required in English.
- Application Procedure
Interested candidates/companies are requested to submit the following:
- Technical and financial proposals (as a single document) of not more than 10 pages, detailing the following:
- Clear understanding of the terms of reference
- Capacity statement including ability to handle the assignment
- Clear description of the proposed methodologies, and training plan. The training plan should be as practical as possible.
- Budget breakdown detailing consultancy and any other related costs i.e., daily rate.
- Brochures/company profiles (for those submitting as a company or partnership), CVs for key consultants, and other supplementary materials which will not be accounted for as part of the 10-page limit.
- Additional requirements for company applications include:
- Certificate of incorporation
- NSSA and Tax Clearnce Certificate
- A letter of interest indicating significant work experience relevant to the assignment.
- Two reference letters related to the execution of similar assignment from recent clients.
- Terms and Conditions
- ZHI reserves the right to eliminate bids deemed not to be in the best interest of ZHI and award the contract to the bidder whose submission is in the best interest of the organization.
- ZHI reserves the right to accept or reject any proposals received at any time, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder(s) or any obligation to provide information on the grounds for the action.
- ZHI reserves the right to enter into agreements not specified herein. All responses must be received on or before the deadline of submission date.
- Incomplete proposal submissions that do not comply with all specifications will be rejected.
- Evaluation and Selection
Proposals will be evaluated and ranked according to the conditions described in the evaluation criteria below, with a total overall maximum point value of 100:
|Capacity statement and relevant experience that shows an understanding of terms of reference and demonstrated ability to handle the assignment. It should include descriptions of similar work and solid references.||30%|
|Cost-effectiveness of financial proposal||25%|
|A clear description of the proposed methodology and timeline for consultancy deliverables.||30%|
|A list of three recent organizations where similar services of the consultant have been utilized including contact details and title of the assignment.||15%|
Selection will be based on “Best Value.” Applications will first be evaluated and scored from a technical standpoint. Applications that are technically acceptable shall then be evaluated in terms of cost. The award shall be issued to the offeror with the highest combined technical and cost score.
- Payment conditions
The consultant should detail how their payments are structured and any related terms thereof. Payments shall be made directly to the vendors’ Nostro bank accounts, subject to applicable taxes, after approval by Executive Director.
- Submission deadlines
Proposals, attendant documents, including a cover letter and trade references, should be emailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: “Consultant for Leadership & Management Training”. The successful organization or individual will be informed once a decision has been made by ZHI. The deadline for submission of proposals is Sunday, 14 August 2022 by 23:59pm.