Re – advertisement – Public Health Specialists Consultants
Readvertisement - Public Health Specialists Consultants
Based in resident countries i.e., Africa (North, East, Central, West, and South), Europe, Asia, South America, USA, Australia, etc. (with work-related travel depending on assignment)
Type of Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a Zimbabwean local non-profit human development organization legally established in 2019 and registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05).
It is involved in the design and implementation of innovative HIV and other health programs in Zimbabwe.
Our Vision: A world where all populations attain optimal health, wellbeing, and self-sufficiency.
Our Mission: To design and deliver innovative and sustainable high-impact, integrated interventions for health, while working with and strengthening local communities and existing institutions.
ZHI’s major focus includes 1) the development and delivery of innovative and sustainable high-impact health solutions and 2) working closely with and strengthening communities. ZHI is currently receiving more than $120 million from PEPFAR (through USAID) to implement two projects in Zimbabwe namely, The Accelerated and Comprehensive HIV Care for Epidemic Control in Zimbabwe Project (ACCE), formerly the Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment Project (ZHCT); and the Re-Ignite, Innovate, Sustain and Empower (RISE) Project, formerly the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) project. ACCE is implemented across 9 districts (5 in Manicaland and 4 in Midlands). ZHI is the biggest PEPFAR DREAMS implementing partner in Zimbabwe, currently supporting 9 out of the 16 districts across Mashonaland Central, Midlands, Bulawayo, and Matabeleland South provinces.
As a public health institution that is open to everyone, we can only do what we do – and achieve what we want to achieve – by working with partners from grassroots community groups to national governments.
Scope Of Work
Public health specialists are important in our mission and are at the core of what we do. We aspire to establish a network of public health specialists i.e., M&E Specialist, Proposal Development Specialists, Seasoned Researchers/Evaluation Specialists, etc. located in African countries and other global regions; the consultants would from time to time provide services to ZHI on multi-country assignments including but not limited to HIV and other health programs assessments and evaluations, respond to Request for Proposals (RFP) for HIV, other health, and development programs. We endeavor to maintain long-lasting relationships with public health specialists’ consultants to help us deliver our work.
We offer this unique opportunity for experienced and qualified consultants on public health and experts on generating and using evidence to be selected for the pool of Public Health Consultants at Zimbabwe Health Interventions. We offer the following to successful public health specialist consultants:
- Recognition as a public health consultant at Zimbabwe Health Interventions.
- Pre-qualification for consultancy agreements for Zimbabwe Health Interventions at the pre-agreed fee
- Inclusion in a pool of consultants of Zimbabwe Health Interventions.
ZHI’s Pool of Preferred Public Health Specialists Consultants
These are pooled consultants who have made a pre-selection to be eligible to provide specific services to ZHI whenever the organization needs an external consultant to provide required public health services. The procurement process for ZHI has two phases: (I) Pre-approval when a consultant is selected to be part of the Associates’ Pool (no contractual or financial obligation at this stage), and (II) Contracting phase, where an Associate Consultant from the pool is assigned to a specific task or assignment (for a pre-agreed consultancy fee).
The Consultants We’re Looking For!
A committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practices within your field of expertise and challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Zimbabwe Health Interventions vision, and you will inspire the same behavior in your clients.
Required professional qualifications, expertise, and competencies of consultants:
- At a minimum, a master’s degree in public health/international development, social sciences, international relations, management, or other relevant disciplines,
- 7 or more years of experience in international public health work,
- Experience working in HIV prevention, care, and treatment program design and implementation,
- Extensive track record of business development proposal writing, program management, research, and database development,
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding/experience in international organizational level program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation,
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding/experience in design and implementation of Information Management Systems (IT-based),
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding/experience in conducting evaluations (quantitative and qualitative techniques) and outcome mapping/harvesting,
- Demonstrated experience in successful consultancy provision in the short and medium-term,
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding/experience in grant management processes,
- 5+ years of experience working as an independent consultant, delivering to a high standard as per the client’s requirements,
- Excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required; ability to produce
high-quality documents/reports in either English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent facilitation skills, leadership, strategic approach to consultancy, diplomacy, relationship management, cultural sensitivity, adaptability and flexibility, teamwork and team-building skills,
- Fluent in English with additional languages preferred of French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
 Zimbabwe Health Interventions provides short-, medium- and long-term technical assistance through consultancies to governments, institutions, and other organizations
- Click here to complete the consultancy application form. By filling out the application form and sending in your CV, you are giving your permission to store your data on the Zimbabwe Health Interventions consultant database. Personal data submitted on this form will be stored in our secure database and used only for the purposes of sourcing and managing consultants for Technical Assistance missions and will be kept only for as long as is Zimbabwe Health Interventions is committed to processing all personal data for which it is responsible in a safe and secure manner (per our Data Protection Policy), and in compliance with relevant data protection law including the Zimbabwe Data Protection Act.
- Submit the following:
- Introduction letter indicating daily fee rate and estimated time availability for the remainder of 2022 as well as 2023,
- CV detailing relevant professional experience, areas of expertise, language(s) proficiency, and competencies relevant to the role defined above to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions – Please submit all questions to: email@example.com, include the name of this opportunity clear in the subject line.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
Zimbabwe Health Interventions operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process of consultants that reflects our commitment to child protection and safeguarding.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap, or financial ability