TERMS OF REFERENCE – Provision Of Maintenance and Repairs of IT Equipment
TERMS OF REFERENCE - Provision Of Maintenance and Repairs of IT Equipment
Type of Contract
Call for Suppliers
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) invites suitably qualified service providers for the submission of proposals for the provision of maintenance and repairs of IT equipment. The required service provider will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of IT equipment. The services listed in section 9 of this TOR are not an exhaustive list and ZHI holds a reasonable expectation of prospective service providers to provide services on other IT related repairs and maintenance services
Scope Of Work/Goods To Be Supplied
Repairs and maintenance is for laptops, desktops, smartphones, tablets, printers, cameras and servers.
|Laptops and desktops||· Repair of components
· In case of replacement (branded and genuine) components shall be used.
· Recommendation note and comments on the repaired equipment.
|Smartphones and tablets||· Repair and replace components with genuine components|
|· Repair and replace unrepairable components(branded and genuine)
· Installation of drivers and software upgrades for its operation
· Consumables like catridges and toner not covered.
· Recommendetion note and comments on the repaired equipment.
|· Replacement and repairs of components with original parts.
· Recommendation note and comments on the repaired equipment.
|· Repair of components
· Replacement of unrepairable components(components must be genuine)
· Recommendation note and comments on repaired component.
- Fully repaired or serviced equipment returned within the stipulated timelines.
- A signed and stamped Recommendation note with comments after repair and service.
- Unrepairable components that have been replaced should be taken back to ZHI for disposal.
- Depending on issues heavy duty printer\scanner service and repair to be done at ZHI premises.
- Preliminary criteria
The bidders have to comply with the responsiveness criteria stated below. Failure to comply with any of the responsive criteria listed below will render the bid non-responsive.
- The bidder must be a legally registered company in Zimbabwe
- The bidder must have at least two (2) traceable references where they have carried out repairs and maintenance
- The bidder must provide a minimum of 2 CVs of technicians – including copies of qualification certificates.
- Added certifications and brand association (if any)
The bidder is expected to stipulate the time it will take to complete the scope of work. Depending on the task to be carried out, the contractor must advise the time it will take to repair the specific IT equipment.
- Bid Price
The bid price should cover the total price to carry out works(including any other cost necessary to complete scope of works)
- Evaluation – Functionality
|No||Functionality Criteria||Weighting Factor|
This is the total price to carry out works (including any other cost necessary to complete the scope of works)
The average lead time for the completion of the services and repairs
|3||Technical Offer (Quality/Experience) – includes the following
· CV(s) of technicians –include copies of qualification certificates
· References of similar services done
· List equipment that you have skill in repairs and maintenance (e.g., HP, Dell, Lenovo, Ricoh etc)
· Years of the organization in IT industry
· Added certifications and brand association (if any)
- Award Criteria
|1||Price||This is the total price to carry out works (including any other cost necessary to complete scope of works)|
|2||Technical Quality/Experience||Previous experience in similar service and the staff qualifications|
|3||Lead time||The average lead time for the completion of the services and repairs.|
Bidders will be rated on the ratings stated below
0 – Very Poor 2 – Poor 3 – Good 4 – Very Good 5 – Excellent
- Technical Quality/Experience
- Legally registered Organization, Business Company with requisite experience and background.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in providing IT support Services.
- Excellent skills in the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Excellent knowledge on of Telecommunication equipment configurations and troubleshooting.
- Experience in maintaining Photocopiers/Scanners Machines.
The company must have IT Personnel with the following qualifications:
- University Degree or diploma in information technology, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or any other related fields.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting, Hardware, and software maintenance.
8.2 Lead Time
The time it will take to complete the scope of works. Depending on the task to be carried out, the contractor must advise the time it will take to repair the specific IT equipment.
- Financial Offer
Prices must be including VAT
The list of services below are not exhaustive, ZHI holds reasonable expectation of prospective service provider to provide services on other IT related repairs and maintenance services.
|Equipment||Common Problems||Type of Service||Cost|
Dell XPS 13 9310
|1. Broken Screen||Fix and supply|
|2. Non-functional keyboard i.e., Keyboard has missing or broken keys||Fix and Supply|
|3.Internal mouse faulty||Fix and Supply|
|4.Hard drive challenges, crash etc||Fix and Supply|
|5.Black Screen, laptops turn on, power LED lights up, cooling fans works but nothing appears on the screen. The screen is completely black and blank||Fix and Supply|
|6. Strange or garbled image on the screen||Fix and Supply|
|7 Liquid Spill||Service|
|8 Laptop turns on and off repeatedly. The laptop turn on without showing any image on the screen. After a few seconds it turns off by itself. Then it turns on and off again||Service|
|9. Computer keeps restarting||Service|
|11. Microphone/speakers malfunction||Fix and Supply|
|12.Hard disk problem||Fix and Supply|
RICOH IM 2702
|1.Windows is sending print jobs to the wrong printer||Service|
|4.Damaged Pickups rollers||Service|
|1.Lamp Challenges||Fix and supply|
|2.Broken Lens||Fix and supply|
HP Model 27-dp 1006d
|1. Diagnostics||Fix and supply|
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
|1. Damaged screen||Fix and supply|
|2. Phone not charging||Fix and supply|
ZHI is now inviting qualified firms and consultants to submit their Technical and Financial Proposals on the list of services above including a cover letter on or before 20 May 2022 to the following address: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Provision Of Maintenance and Repairs of IT Equipment ”. For any enquiries regarding this RFP, send an email to email@example.com
The submissions should include the following documents:
- Technical proposal
- Copies of certificate of registration/incorporation (for firms)
- Names and contacts of Directors (for firms)
- Company profile (for firms)
- Curriculum Vitae of proposed project team members
- Tax registration certificates (Income Tax and VAT in case of firms)
- Full contact details (physical address, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses)
- Contact person and contact details of Project Lead/Manager(for firms)
- Profile of previous work done which is related to this assignment
- Three references and contacts of three referees (on Company letterheads)
- Certificates of completion of previous work
- Cost of implementing the assignment including the cancellation clauses.
Note: Unrepairable components that have been replaced should be taken back to ZHI for disposal.