ZHCT Program Overview
The overarching goal of the Zimbabwe HIV Care & Treatment Project (ZHCT) to attain and sustain HIV epidemic control in implementing districts will be achieved through the following 6 strategic objectives;
- To provide technical, financial and material support towards the management, coordination and provision of comprehensive clinical care services within the national HIV program.
- To contribute to the reduction of new HIV infections in Zimbabwe through provision of comprehensive prevention services within the national HIV program.
- To increase access and availability of quality, effective, targeted, and efficient HIV testing services for active case finding of the remaining undiagnosed PLHIV in implementing districts.
- To ensure that newly diagnosed PLHIV are initiated on ART and that PLHIV are retained in care through provision of comprehensive HIV care and treatment services using evidence based DSD models/ client-centred approaches.
- To advance and strengthen strategic information and evaluation for data driven and evidence-based implementation.
- To strengthen HIV prevention, care and treatment services uptake through communication, advocacy and knowledge management.